Start a new topic

API Basic Troubleshooting

Q. I've put in a URI i know should get data into the 3scale form & get nothing.. why?

A. Check whitespace. The 3scale form doesnt strip leading and trailing spaces or other characters from data you enter, this often causes issues when pasting values from the clipboard.

Q. I've requested a large result using the forms on the 3scale OpenPHACTS Developer Portal. The response code is HTTP200 (OK) , but no results are displayed.

A. The 3scale form imposes a limit on the size of results that can be displayed. Either running the curl command, or loading the URL in a browser will provide results in these cases.

Q. Some requests generated using the forms on the 3scale OpenPHACTS Developer Portal return a response code of 0.

A. This is caused by 3scale closing the connection before receiving results from the API back-end. Either running the curl command, or loading the URL in a browser will provide results in these cases. If the timeout of 5 mins is reached an HTTP 500 (Internal Error) is returned. If this happens for any query, please consider opening a ticket.

I tried API 2.0 calls (not all of them) and have following remarks:

GET /assay/members/count does not work with the given URI

GET /assay/members/pages does not work with the given URI

GET /compound/members/pages does not show fields on the page (formatting error? )

GET /pathways/byReference does not work with the given URI

GET /target/members/pages takes a really very long time with the given URI

GET /target/tree/pharmacology/pages takes a really very long time with the given URI

GET /tissue/byProtein takes a really very long time with the given URI

GET /tissue/getProteins takes a really very long time with the given URI

Thank you for looking into this,

Jean-Marc

Thanks very much for this testing. We will add the API call issues to our issue tracker. These are example calls but have you been able to use the API for your specific needs yet? Let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to run some sessions where we can go through stuff as well

The performance is something we spotted when we changed the Virtuoso version to new a executable and we are working with Open Link on this. We will provide feedback once we get some more information on the performance.

Thanks

Nick

Login or Signup to post a comment